Booking a Room with a View

Join me as I shuttle and shoulder through the worlds of literature, cinema, and the awards seasons attending both.

Sunday, July 24, 2011

The 2011 Booker Prize longlist will be announced this Tuesday, the 26th, and so I wanted (despite my longish absence from blogging) to post not predictions, but rather the titles of those novels that have been garnering buzz in this quarter and that I'm quite eager to read:

Alan Hollinghurst's The Stranger's Child
Sebastian Barry's On Canaan's Side
Tessa Hadley's The London Train
Michael Ondaatje's The Cat's Table
Ross Raisin's Waterline
Andrew Miller's Pure
Alexi Zentner's Touch

I'll be returning to blogging soon with a dual review of two novels that shared the prize: Ondaatje's The English Patient and Barry Unsworth's Sacred Hunger.

No comments: